Riding the Bus is a Privilege not a Right
School bus rules issued by Minneapolis Public Schools
- Stay out of the “danger zones” outside the bus.
- Follow the driver’s instructions.
- Be 5 minutes early to your stop.
- ALWAYS SIT DOWN.
- Be respectful. No fighting, swearing or yelling.
- No eating or drinking.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Keep your head and arms inside the bus.
- Windows may not be open over halfway.
Consequences for students who do not follow the rules:
- First Bus Conduct Report: Student will meet with an adult to discuss the incident; verbal warning to the student; parent notification by school.
- Second Bus Conduct Report: Student will meet with an adult to discuss the incident. Student will receive a 1-3 day bus suspension depending on severity of incident. Parents will be responsible for transporting their child to and from school.
- Subsequent Bus Conduct Reports: Will result in additional bus suspensions of 3 or more days. Parents will be responsible for transporting their child to and from school.
The citywide discipline policy applies to bus stop behavior. Fights and other serious offenses result in immediate suspension from school and/or bus.