Sullivan STEAM Site Council Page
This is where we will post our meeting minutes, news and notes about Site Council.
All Minneapolis Public Schools have Site Councils to support site-based decision-making to increase academic outcomes for our students. MPS values family and community members as active partners in reviewing funding, policies, practices, and programs at our schools. Site Councils are a way that parents and community members can learn what is happening in their school and influence decisions.
It is important for Site Councils to reflect the student population of the schools to ensure a diversity of ideas and input. These are some common activities that Site Councils do to increase student achievement:
- Advise the school principal or site administrator on school-based decisions.
- Review and advise the school staff on the School Improvement Plans (SIP) which outline specific goals the school will achieve to increase academic outcomes for students.
- Review and help develop the Family Involvement Plan (FIP)
- Review and provide guidance on the use of Title I funds and Compensatory Revenue to ensure it is being used as intended and in a way that increases outcomes.
- Advise the principal on the use of the school budget to ensure that the goals outlined in the SIP are achieved.
- Communicate with the school community about what is happening at Site Council and other things affecting the school.